Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Yet another weight loss blog...

Like many people, I'm trying to drop some excess weight. It's not the first time for me. I was always pudgy as a kid and teenager, and when I started college, I finally decided to do something about it. I started working out and following a low-fat diet, and within six months or so, I'd dropped 40 pounds and was finally at my ideal weight. Unfortunately, I quickly became so obsessed with keeping the weight off that I completely deprived myself of foods most college students enjoy. I desperately missed those foods but wanted to stay thin, which led to the development of an eating disorder. After a three year battle, I defeated the disorder.

Some years later, I'd gained back all the weight I'd lost and then some. I lost it again a few years ago by exercising and controlling my food portions. Then, about a year later, I became laid off from my job. When people get laid off, it seems that they either take advantage of the time and spend more time working out and cooking healthy meals (in between job hunting and figuring out what they're going to do for money, of course), or they sit around feeling depressed and eating whatever they can buy for cheap. I was part of the latter group, and gained that good ol' forty pounds yet again.

That brings me to now. I'm back to work, and I'm also working on ridding myself of those pounds once more. I started exercising and watching my food intake three months ago as of this writing, and so far, I've lost 17 pounds. I started this blog as a way to keep myself motivated (and to maybe help me keep those pounds off for good this time), and also to post my random thoughts and musings about the world of fitness, nutrition, body issues, and weight loss.*

*I am not a nutritionist, doctor, or certified fitness instructor, so please take what I write with a grain of salt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment